As a collective organization of producers, CNREE Association offers its members the guarantee of fulfilling their legal obligations regarding the responsible management of waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) respecting the European quality standards, and ensuring process traceability, recycling and repurposing of collected waste in an efficient and transparent manner, and at competitive rates.
According to GEO 5/2015 stipulations, the producers’ obligations are as follows:
- Registering the company in the National Agency for Environmental Protection Register as a Manufacturer of EEE, obtaining a registration number;
- Providing the registration number to the distribution networks which EEE are traded through;
- Monthly reporting and declaring the EEE quantities placed on the market to the environmental authorities and to the authorized collective organization they have a contract with;
- Preparing the monthly statement regarding the EEE placed on the market to the Environment Fund Administration (EFA) both through the application available on the EFA website: http://www.afm.ro/declaratii.php and on paper (in original) at the EFA headquarters; http://www.afm.ro/declaratii.php
- Achieving the minimum collection rates individually or by affiliation to a collective organization according to Art. 17 and annex 6 of GEO 5/2015;
- Informing consumers by any means on:
- The costs of collection, treatment and disposal protecting the environment, by highlighting these costs separately when selling the EEE;
- The possibility to dispense a WEEE free of charge in a “one-to-one” equipment collection system, when buying a new product, under the same conditions as the delivery of the new product if the equipment is equivalent and has fulfilled the same functions as the newly supplied equipment;
- The obligation to collect WEEE separately and not to dispose of WEEE together with unsorted household waste;
- The application of a crossed-out wheeled bin symbol;
- Obtaining a Manufacturer registration number issued by ANPM (National Agency for Environmental Protection) before selling any EEE in stores;
- Informing the consumers by any means possible about the costs of collection, treatment and disposal taking into consideration the protection of the environment, by separately highlighting these costs when selling EEE according to the producers' instructions
- Simplifying the process of dispensing the used WEEE in a "one-to-one" system for consumers, when providing a new product free of charge, under the same conditions as the delivery of the new product if the equipment is equivalent and has fulfilled the same functions as the newly supplied equipment;
- Dispensing the collected WEEE at least free of charge to the collective organizations of producers and/ or to the authorized collection points they have a contract with.